Leading Patch Test Institute Debuts Publishing Arm with Classic Dermatology Reference
Phoenix, AZ: The Contact Dermatitis Institute, a Phoenix-based institute for patch testing education, research, and clinical services, is announcing the publication of Fisher’s Contact Dermatitis, 7th Edition. With the release of this definitive reference for dermatologists treating contact dermatitis, Contact Dermatitis Institute adds publishing to the many other clinical, research, and educational services they offer.
For half a century, Fisher’s Contact Dermatitis has set the standard for texts on this skin condition. This first revision in a decade has been reorganized and updated extensively and is suitable for seasoned clinicians, new practitioners, and students alike. Among other features, it includes:
- In-depth review of the pathogenesis of allergic contact dermatitis, including a discussion of the benefits and limitations of predictive testing;
- New chapter on the treatment of contact dermatitis with an emphasis on using web-based tools to optimize allergen-avoidance strategies;
- Detailed survey of major groups of allergens and their sources: medications, medical devices and metals; plant allergens; rubber and other elastomers; industrial oils and solvents; plastics and adhesives; cosmetics and toiletries; fragrances; food additives; and more;
- Exhaustive overview of specific conditions such as hand eczema, occupational dermatitis, contact stomatitis and cheilitis, and photocontact dermatitis, among others, to help busy clinicians in search of a differential diagnosis;
- Color figures embedded in chapters to improve readability;
- Restructured conceptual index.
Of Contact Dermatitis Institute’s accomplishment, Medical Director, Dathan Hamann, MD, FAAD, said, “Publishing the 7th edition of Fisher’s is a proud moment for the Contact Dermatitis Institute team and for me. With contributions from more than twenty leading dermatologists, this updated edition will keep the classic American textbook on contact dermatitis relevant to current and future dermatologists. The book also opens new possibilities for Contact Dermatitis Institute in the educational services we offer to both patients and physicians.”
About Contact Dermatitis Institute: The Contact Dermatitis Institute™ is committed to providing ongoing research and education for the patch testing community and their patients. Our peer-to-peer online community focuses on ACD and patch testing…“Because every patient deserves a diagnosis.”