Partnership Addresses A Key Challenge for Many Healthcare Providers To Help Safeguard Patient Protected Health Information (PHI)
“Our partnership with PCIHIPAA adds another quality layer of training and protection which reinforces our commitment to customer success”— Kristin Uhles, VP of Marketing, SmartPractice.
PHOENIX, ARIZONA, UNITED STATES, SmartPractice, a provider of quality support, tools and products to optimize dental quality of care, patient production and revenue, is pleased to announce its new partnership with PCIHIPAA, a leading Payments Card Industry (PCI) and HIPAA compliance provider. The partnership is focused on protecting SmartPractice clients from the onslaught of HIPAA violations which include ransomware attacks and data breaches impacting medical and dental practices throughout the United States.
According to the site HHS.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services), over 5,700,000 patient records were breached in the last 3 months of 2018. Protected Health Information (PHI) continues to be under attack as hackers strive to monetize the stolen data on the dark web. The types of HIPAA violations most often identified are:
- Impermissible uses and disclosures of protected health information (PHI)
- Lack of technology safeguards of PHI
- Lack of adequate contingency planning in case of a data breach or ransomware attack
- Lack of administrative safeguards of PHI
- Lack of a mandatory HIPAA risk assessment
- Lack of executed Business Associate Agreements
- Lack of employee training and updated policies and procedures
“We vetted many HIPAA compliance providers, and believe PCIHIPAA’s OfficeSafe Compliance Program is the right solution for our clients. Our partnership with PCIHIPAA adds another quality layer of training and protection, which reinforces our commitment to customer success.” said Kristin Uhles, VP of Marketing, SmartPractice.
“We are confident that our clients will find the program easy to implement and provide peace of mind knowing that they are taking the appropriate safeguards to protect their patient’s private information.”
PCIHIPAA’s OfficeSafe Compliance Program provides a number of key features that will allow busy and growing dental practices to easily conform to strict HIPAA regulations. The OfficeSafe Compliance Program includes:
- HIPAA Policies and Procedures – a guided navigation to easily create, update, and record your HIPAA Policies and Procedures
- HIPAA Checklist – an easy checklist to follow the compliance status of your office
- Online HIPAA Employee Training – comprehensive training options for staff to provide insight into latest HIPAA Regulations
- HIPAA Compliance Webinars – education webinars to learn more about HIPAA Regulations
- $500,000 PCI and HIPAA Data Breach, Non-Compliance, Privacy, Network Security and Ransom Insurance Coverage
- OfficeSafe ID: Identity Restoration for doctors and their families
- Annual PCI Compliance and Certification (Annual SAQ / Quarterly IP Scans)
- 24/7 HIPAA Support and Incident Response Management
In addition to becoming compliant, your practice is protected by a $500,000 Cyber Insurance Policy in case of a ransomware attack, patient data breach or HIPAA violation. You and your
families’ identity also receive Identity Restoration Protection in the event your personal data is breached.
“We are excited to be working with SmartPractice. They are leaders in the industry and our partnership with help remove the uncertainties around PCI and HIPAA compliance for their customers.” said Jeff Broudy, CEO of PCIHIPAA. “We find that many practices don’t have the resources to navigate HIPAA law, and are unaware of common vulnerabilities. Adding the OfficeSafe Compliance Program to SmartPractice’ extensive suite of services will provide an easy-to-follow road map for all of their dental practices. We invite every member to conduct a complimentary Self-Assessment to quickly identity key vulnerabilities in their practice.”