COVID-19 has drastically changed the way you, your clinic and your patients interact. Each day seems to bring something new as the situation continues to evolve and unfold rapidly. It’s important for your clinic to stay updated on the current situation and to communicate with your patients.
Be sure to remind your patients of not only the precautions you are taking, but the steps they need to take in order to keep staff and others safe. Tips for stopping the spread of germs have been provided by federal agencies to help us do just that. Remind patients to:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Wear a cloth face covering while in public places.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
Across the country, people are anxious, they feel unsafe and vulnerable. Now, more than ever, they need to hear from you, their healthcare provider.
Communication is always key, but even more so right now to help establish trust and build confidence in your practice. In a world of uncertainty, it’s important to be transparent and effectively communicate with your patients through mail, email, your website and social media platforms.
- Keep patients up to date on when your practice is open, what services you are providing, infection control measures you’re taking to keep them safe and anything else they need to know before their next visit.
- Share encouragement with your patients to help them through these tough times. Post fun tips, articles or videos to social media or mail a thank you card.
- Be sure to have signage throughout your clinic to keep patients and staff informed. Some ideas include:
- Signage that encourages sick patients to go home
- Point out hand washing stations and hand sanitizer
- Have different areas for clean and dirty pens
SmartPractice is open and here to help you provide communication and support to your patients who are looking to you for the next steps on their healthcare journey:
- Customizable postcards that allow you to make important announcements about changing schedules and infection control measures are a reliable way to communicate with your patients. To save valuable staff time, our mailing services department can address, stamp and send them for you as well
- With patients turning to online channels for their news and information, social media has become an invaluable way to connect with patients. Meet your patients right where they are with updated social media posts about your practice, policies, disease prevention, general health information and even encouragement. Also build for the future with messages regarding your services or any special offers you might be running.
If you are finding you or your staff have extra time during the stay at home order, invest in your future with our educational resources. We have partnered with Contact Dermatitis Institute to give you easier access to:
Quickly Begin Patch Testing
The SmartPractice Allergen Bank is a U.S. licensed pharmacy providing customized patch test panels on a patient-specific prescription delivered straight to your clinic. Offering access to over 800 high-quality, commercially available allergens, it is the quickest and easiest way to do expanded patch testing:
- Order patient specific panels that will be delivered to your clinic already prepared (with the exception of liquid and volatile allergens) saving your staff valuable time
- Add additional allergen panels based on a patient’s specific occupational, environmental or health history needs
- Patient specific panels can help avoid wasted doses and expired syringes
Visit SmartPractice Allergen Bank at SPAB.com to learn more or give us a call!
Another way to consider when reopening your patch testing clinic is to patch test with T.R.U.E. TEST ® .
- T.R.U.E. TEST is a convenient and ready to use patch test indicated for use as an aid in the diagnosis of allergic contact dermatitis in persons 6 years of age and older whose history suggests sensitivity to one or more of the 35 allergens and allergen mixes included on the T.R.U.E. TEST panels.
- The allergens are held on flexible polyester tape for improved adhesion and patient comfort.
- Because it is ready to use, you save precious staff time that can be spent with patients or communicating with patients as you refill your schedules.
- It is shipped in an insulated shipping container with sufficient semi-solid, non-toxic gel refrigerants to maintain product temperature between 36° (2°C) and 46° (8°C) during shipment.
For more information, visit TRUETEST.com