It’s no secret that we’re living in a digital age; however, a proven non-digital marketing technique is alive and well and working wonders in the digital age. This technique, which for many is often overlooked, is direct mail marketing.
The importance of having an online presence is incredibly importance for a dental practice in this day and age. Using marketing methods such as pay-per-click ads or social media to engage patients is a great way to reach potential patients. However, without a well-guided direct mail campaign to enhance your digital efforts there are potential patients that are not being reached. Direct mail influences 76% of internet users to buy a product or service online. Direct mail marketing gives you a proven method of driving new patients into your practice.
Direct Mail Marketing Facts
- As the digital world grows, consumers develop tendencies to merely glance over the various forms of communications that assault our smartphones and tablets. Through large, customizable and vibrant mailers your message can cut through the clutter and grab the attention of your targets.
- 79% of consumers will react immediately to direct mail while only 45% say they will respond to an email right away. 
- People are selective about the content the receive: 86% report to skipping TV commercials, 91% have unsubscribed from company emails they signed up for, while only 44% of people never open their direct mail.
- Direct mail is praised as the most trusted channel that consumers want to be reached through. 
- You can effectively push responses by a deadline. When a potential patient receives the mailer and sees an offer with a deadline, they are more likely to act; usually by reaching out through a phone call or by visiting your website.
Direct mail remains an effective marketing tool, even in a time when so much is transferring from paper to a screen. Using a targeted postcard to a great website or Facebook page is just one example of how you could let direct mail multiply the effectiveness of your digital marketing efforts and acquire new patients. By coupling digital marketing with direct mail, you can create a powerful combination that will bring new appointments and give your practice the growth it needs.